Sunday, June 14, 2009

Vote in my poll!

If you read my blog, scroll all the way down. There is a poll about technology in the classroom. Please, cast your vote!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am proud to say that I am 100% of the vote right now!

    The reason I chose "in moderation" instead of "all throughout" is that, as wonderful of a teaching tool as technology is, I think students need to be exposed to various teaching styles and ways of learning.

    If we move toward ALL digital presentation, students will be completely unused to the traditional methods of information conveyance, which may hurt them in the future. We want kids to learn what they need to know, and technology is a great way of doing that, but I think kids still need some practice in sustained silent reading, focusing on something that is not animated (or even visual), finding ways to engage themselves without being entirely externally stimulated, using their imaginations to visualize, etc. They may need/want to read lengthy texts on their own someday or have to listen to a boss describe instructions or procedures for a sustained time, so we should strive to make students well-rounded, not dependent.

    ReplyDelete